In our previous article, we discussed some things you can do to bump the trade-in value of your car. The steps in the last article are able to be done, but may take a little more effort. Now, we will present you with a few things you can be doing that are quite simple! They are also things that should be done on a regular basis if you don’t have any immediate plans for trading-in, but you know that down the road you will likely be considering this as an option. Here they are:
- Make sure all of your exterior lights are in working order. Seems easy enough right? It does require a little bit of effort, but not much! Changing your lights is easy and not only will it help your car meet the best standards needed for the greatest trade-in value, but it will also keep you safe while you are waiting to find that perfect new car!
- Keep your car clean. This seems easy enough right? The problem is, people don’t often think about how simply keeping your car clean (on the inside and the outside) can make a drastic difference in our the value of your car. Keeping the exterior clean maintains your paint integrity and keeps your car polished and protected. Keeping it clean on the interior preserves your carpet and upholstery and allows you to detect potential issues early so that you can take care of them before they become a larger, more expensive problem (like a small tear in a seat as an example).
- Make sure you are consistent with routine maintenance. This will not only keep your car running smooth, but being able to supply proof that you had these routine oil changes and recommended maintenance completed at certain mileage markers will get you more money on your trade-in!
At Dominion Motors, all of our new Buick cars shoppers are always thrilled to hear that we give the most for your trade-in. Contact us today to value your trade and see how you can get into a new or used Buick car easier than you thought!
Whether you are considering purchasing a new car now, or you just know that down the road at some point you will probably be considering it and will likely be trading in your current vehicle, you should be thinking about how you can keep your car in shape so that you can get the most bang for your buck when it comes time to trade in your current vehicle. For most car buyers, the trade-in value of your vehicle becomes a critical point in the purchasing process because what you get for your trade-in drastically effects the monthly cost of your new vehicle! Here are some tips on what you can do. In the first part of this blog post, we will talk about the things that may take a little bit more effort, but will undoubtedly be worth it in the end. In part two of this blog post, we will be talking about some really simple tips that you can take advantage of on a regular basis that will help you when it comes time to trade-in and trade-up!
Here are a few tips to consider:
- Repair your windshield if it has chips or cracks. Contact your insurance company first! You may find that if your chip or even crack is small enough, that they will fix it for free! If that isn’t the case, no worries. You can still opt to have it replaced for a small amount of money, which you will regain at the time of trade-in.
- Check your tires! You don’t have to go out and put a brand new, pricey set of tires on your current car if your treads are low, but you can consider replacing them with some used tires that have more life in them than your current set.
- Dents and Dings: A few are acceptable and most of the time expected if they aren’t too big or too noticeable, but if you have more than four or five, it may be a good idea to get them replaced. Again, you can typically find very inexpensive options for this work and it will pay dividends at trade-in!
- If you are trading in a luxury car, then you will want to consider getting the brakes replaced before you try to trade it in as well.
Stay tuned for more ways to help you earn more for your trade-in at Dominion Motors! At Dominion Motors, we look forward to working with our shoppers and we want them to walk away happy! If that means that they make more money on their trade-in so that they can buy the new Buick car that they desire the most, then so be it!
For many truck owners, one of the big perks of your truck that packs a punch in the line up of power and performance is its ability to tow what you need to haul. Towing capabilities are not all made equal across the truck line-ups, and GMC owners take great pride in knowing that they are driving the best when it comes to the task of hauling and towing capabilities. Even with the best truck in the towing segment, GMC owners are excited about the technological advancements that allow them even more information at their disposal to help them tow with ease. This time, that technology comes in the form or an application from iTunes. According to GMC representatives, “The free app is designed to give GMC customers a better understanding of trailering techniques and capabilities. It, even helps identify the appropriate GMC model for specific trailering needs.”
“Our customers believe in the right tool for the job, and this app helps them get the most out of their GMC trailering capability in a convenient and accessible way, whether they’re hauling a utility trailer across town or a fifth-wheel cross-country,” said Tony DiSalle, vice president, GMC Marketing.
The app will supply you with all of the information you need to make a well-informed decision regarding important factors such as maximum trailer weight ratings for the model of truck you drive as well as awesome teaching and education tools that help users learn more about the following:
- Trailering 101
- Hitches and equipment
- Pre-trailering checklist
- How GMC trailering technologies work
- Power and performance information
- Safe trailering techniques
You will find a wealth of videos and tutorials that are designed to help you with all of your towing needs. This simple tool will help you maximize the power in your GMC truck in Ontario and will also help you tow items efficiently and safely at the same time. Check out this app in your iTunes app store today!