In today’s new GMC Truck lineup at your local Thunder Bay GMC Truck Dealership in Ontario, there exist many features, some of which are optional and others of which are standard. Today, we will chat about what the available Traction Select system modes are and a variety of other specific details surrounding available new truck features in Thunder Bay ON. First, consider the following excerpt from a reputable source online:
- Tour: The default mode of operation at every start-up, Tour is designed to deliver the right blend of refinement and efficiency for everyday use.
- Sport: The transmission is eager to downshift in order to keep the engine in its peak powerband. Power steering assist is slightly reduced, making the steering feel more direct, communicative and sporty.
- Snow: Available only on two-wheel-drive Sierras, Snow Mode optimizes Sierra’s driveline for driving in wintry weather. In addition to leveraging Sierra’s standard Traction Control and StabiliTrak stability control systems, Snow Mode also provides a slower, less sensitive accelerator pedal calibration.
- Off-Road: Designed for use for higher-speed driving on non-paved surfaces, Off-Road mode incorporates the same accelerator calibration as Snow Mode, giving the driver precise throttle control. Also incorporates unique StabiliTrak and traction control calibrations that allow for a little more wheelslip than on dry surfaces, in order to help carry momentum — important on gravel or in muddy situations.
- Tow/Haul: Modifies the transmission calibration so that shift points are higher, allowing the engine to deliver peak power. It also initiates downshifts earlier in order to leverage engine braking and reduce wear on brake components. Tow/Haul also engages Grade Braking functionality so that on long, downhill stretches, a light touch of the brake pedal can initiate a downshift to slow the vehicle more efficiently.
Popping the hood of these Denali Thunder Bay GMC Trucks, gives us insight into engine options as well, which are as follows: optional 6.2L V-8 include a 10-speed automatic transmission designed to improve shift quality. “It incorporates a new centrifugal pendulum absorber torque converter that reduces vibrations to improve smoothness, particularly during cylinder deactivation events.” More feature and option details will follow in future posts. Stop by your Thunder Bay GMC Truck dealer for more information and a test drive today.