When you are purchasing a pre-owned, used car, truck or SUV you may have a little bit of anxiety over the future reliability of your purchase. Sure, everything is working properly and you hopefully trust the dealership you are buying from and that they have fully inspected the car before sale, but you still just never know what to expect a few months down the road. When you get to the financing steps of your used car purchase you will likely have several options regarding the purchase of an extended warranty. Edmunds.com gives some helpful tips to consider in making the decision to purchase the extended warranty and we have summarized them here for you:
- How long do you anticipate keeping this car?
- If you hope to drive it for many years then a warranty may be in your best interest.
- Have you shopped around for the best warranty?
- Do your research on prices before you shop. Dealerships can be competitive with warranties too.
- Do you know what your extended warranty is getting you?
- Make sure you understand coverage agreements and deductibles.
- How will you feel if you don’t buy it?
- You don’t want to find yourself in an anxiety-ridden position down the road out of fear. If this is you…you may want to get the warranty!
- Have you considered your own personal repair history?
- Everyone handles their vehicles different and some people tend to have higher repair costs due to their driving situations or habits. Take a close look at how much you have spent over the years on repairs that would be covered with a warranty and weigh the costs.
At Dominion Motors, we want to make sure that our customers are getting what they need and what will help them remain satisfied with their used GMC truck in Thunder Bay for years to come! We won’t pressure you to buy something you don’t need, but if you will in fact benefit from what we have to offer, then we will make sure you have all the information you need to make the best decision. Contact us today!