In today’s new GMC Truck lineup at your local Thunder Bay GMC Truck Dealership in Ontario, there exist many features, some of which are optional and others of which are standard. Today, we will chat about what the available Traction Select system modes are and a variety of other specific details surrounding available new truck features in Thunder Bay ON. First, consider the following excerpt from a reputable source online:
- Tour: The default mode of operation at every start-up, Tour is designed to deliver the right blend of refinement and efficiency for everyday use.
- Sport: The transmission is eager to downshift in order to keep the engine in its peak powerband. Power steering assist is slightly reduced, making the steering feel more direct, communicative and sporty.
- Snow: Available only on two-wheel-drive Sierras, Snow Mode optimizes Sierra’s driveline for driving in wintry weather. In addition to leveraging Sierra’s standard Traction Control and StabiliTrak stability control systems, Snow Mode also provides a slower, less sensitive accelerator pedal calibration.
- Off-Road: Designed for use for higher-speed driving on non-paved surfaces, Off-Road mode incorporates the same accelerator calibration as Snow Mode, giving the driver precise throttle control. Also incorporates unique StabiliTrak and traction control calibrations that allow for a little more wheelslip than on dry surfaces, in order to help carry momentum — important on gravel or in muddy situations.
- Tow/Haul: Modifies the transmission calibration so that shift points are higher, allowing the engine to deliver peak power. It also initiates downshifts earlier in order to leverage engine braking and reduce wear on brake components. Tow/Haul also engages Grade Braking functionality so that on long, downhill stretches, a light touch of the brake pedal can initiate a downshift to slow the vehicle more efficiently.
Popping the hood of these Denali Thunder Bay GMC Trucks, gives us insight into engine options as well, which are as follows: optional 6.2L V-8 include a 10-speed automatic transmission designed to improve shift quality. “It incorporates a new centrifugal pendulum absorber torque converter that reduces vibrations to improve smoothness, particularly during cylinder deactivation events.” More feature and option details will follow in future posts. Stop by your Thunder Bay GMC Truck dealer for more information and a test drive today.
When it comes to new cars and new GMC Trucks in Thunder Bay, what do we feel, from our research, and also our personal experience, are the top contributors to the delivery of confidence behind the wheel? Ride and handling made the top of the list for confidence delivered by new GMC trucks in Ontario.
How great a new truck’s ride and handling is will be primarily based on the presence or absence of features surrounding it. The GMC Sierra Denali’s exclusive Adaptive Ride Control offers premium ride comfort with better road isolation and control than ever at your local new GMC Truck Dealership in Thunder Bay. “Through real-time monitoring of the road and driver inputs while accelerating, cornering, braking and trailering, the system’s active dampers can be individually adjusted every 2 milliseconds, based on sensor feedback.”
Moving past that, another great feature that contributes to the confidence of the new GMC Trucks in Thunder Bay ON, is the all-new Traction Select System which allows drivers to choose from preset available drive modes that have been tailored for different terrain or weather conditions. It works be adjusting the GMC Sierra’s transmission shift points, throttle mapping and StabiliTrak, working to optimize performance for whatever the driving situation may be. The system also reacts with the Adaptive Ride Control in Sierra Denali to further enhance the driving experience and refine the ride, thereby contributing significantly to the confidence of the driver behind the wheel of an all new GMC Truck for sale in Thunder Bay at your local new GMC Truck Dealers in Canada. Come try on these new confidence building features behind the wheel with a test drive today.
We want to lay out some of the details surrounding the new trucks for sale in Thunder Bay Ontario at your GMC Truck sales and service center. The new GMC trucks in Thunder Bay that are in the Sierra Denali lineup are offered as a crew cab, with nearly 3 inches of additional rear-seat legroom compared to the previous model. That roomier cabin is trimmed with Denali-exclusive materials, including premium Forge leather-appointed seating, authentic open-pore wood trim and dark-finish aluminum decor.
The 2019 GMC Trucks in Thunder Bay that are part of the Sierra Denali family affirm thier position as the most premium Sierra ever, with segment-leading technologies and exclusive features which include the following:
- GMC Exclusive, Industry-first MultiPro Tailgateis the most innovative pickup tailgate ever, with six unique functions and positions offering enhanced second-tier loading and load-stop solutions, a standing workstation and easier access to items in the box.
- GMC Exclusive, Industry-first Carbon Fiber Pickup Box2. The CarbonPro offers best-in-class dent, scratch and corrosion resistance.
- All-new ProGrade Trailering System with in-vehicle Trailering Appoffers a connected comprehensive suite of trailering technology that brings more confidence to the towing experience.
- Segment-first Multi-Color Head-Up Displayprojects key, customizable vehicle data on the windshield in a 3 x 7-inch display to help drivers keep their eyes on the road.
- Segment-first Rear Camera Mirror gives the driver the option of using a traditional inside rearview mirror or a rearview camera mirror display that provides a wider, unobstructed view that can help overcome common visual obstructions such as occupants or cargo. This next-generation system features the ability for zoom and vertical tilt adjustment.
There are highlights of other available features that go beyond the above list on Thunder Bay GMC trucks, such as:
- Denali-exclusive exterior elements, including a bright, multidimensional grille, chrome exterior accents and body-color bumpers.
- New high-intensity LED headlamps that incorporate C-shaped “light blade” lighting elements, LED fog lamps and C-shaped LED elements within the taillights.
- 20-inch aluminum wheels are standard, with 22-inch wheels available.
- Integrated dual exhaust with bright polished outlets standard.
- Heated and ventilated front seats, heated rear outboard seat and heated, leather-wrapped steering wheel are standard.
- GMC Premium Infotainment System with 8-inch-diagonal HD color touchscreen, embedded navigation and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto phone projection compatibility.
- Customizable profiles, saved with each driver’s settings and presets and stored in the cloud, can be accessed and used in other compatible 2019 GMCs.